Peter Maternus (PAW) was integral in the inception of the Badass, as he fine tuned the kite into its final form. The Badass is a freestyler, with which both old-school, as well as New school tricks can be performed. It is a slow and easy flier, with great feedback through the lines and it loves those floaty moves. The UL will fly with minimal effort in almost no wind, and the STD has a wonderful balance between 2D and 3D flight.
Weight: 300g (STD) 260 g (UL)
Wind range: 8-35km STD/4-25km UL
Material: Icarex + Skytex 27 g
Frame UL: Pultruded carbon fiber 180”, .196” and .210”
Recommended lines: 90lbs x 75ft or 100ft (UL)
Unspoken Rules of Being Badass:
1. First rule of being a badass. A badass does not talk about being a badass. Period.
2. Second rule of being a badass, a badass does not try to be a badass or look tough. A badass simply is a badass.
3. A badass stays true to themselves, always. This means being themselves for themselves, and not being fake to impress others.
4. A badass does not give up. Badasses will always push themselves for the better, no matter how hard it gets.
5. A badass is not a jerk. A badass does not prey on the weak, and shows kindness in return to those who are kind.
6. A badass knows his/her limits. Don't be stupid, you're not Superman, you'll die if you jump off a building.
7. A badass does not make enemies or go looking for fights. They do not fights that aren't worth fighting either.